Craft Arena's studios at the Village, Barleylands are open again. As a temporary measure we are opening on Fridays and Saturdays 10:30 - 3:30 and Sundays 11:00 - 3:00. We are also offering personal shopping appointments by arrangement. Contact us for more details.
Craft Arena Covid 19 Risk Policy - 12 June 2020
Following a review of Government guidelines, we have assessed our risks in the Studios and are implementing the following policy to safeguard both our customers and staff.
- In order to prevent spread of infection, in-house Craft Arena workshops have been postponed until such time as government guidance allows suitably close working. Online classes are being held where practical.
- Access to Craft Arena is now one way, with entry through Studio 49 ( Alchemy Gallery) and exit via Studio 51. The gallery has been organised with socially distanced chairs, please wait here until you are invited into the shopping area.
- The shopping area has been remodelled to provide greater space. Initially, however, we are restricting access to the shopping area to one individual (or one household unit).
- A see-through guard has been fitted to the counter. If you need help or assistance that we can’t give from behind the guard, we ask that you maintain distancing as much as possible, wear a face mask as necessary, and make contact time as short as possible.
- We prefer, for both your safety and ours, that you use our card machine and contactless payment. Till receipts, card payment receipts and Loyalty card stamps are still available and we will make sure to pass these to you in a safe manner. We are happy to take cash if needed, however coins and banknotes are not easily sanitised and should be considered a risk.
- Sewing machine and product demonstrations are available, but we ask that you observe distancing as much as possible, wear a face mask, and keep contact to as short a time as possible.